Friday, July 25, 2008

Manali Trip



Now I have realized that the real beauty of any destination lies in the unknown ( basically non commercialized ) areas. So, this trip to Manali , we skiped the Rhotang Pass and the Manikaran and the innumerous Manali Temples .. and took the road less traveled and Boy ! were we glad...

Our first trip was to Bijli Maha Dev.
A quaint temple with a powerful Shiva Lingam ( Known to be naturally created ) .


Up, Up and Up we go ....

It was a long strenuous hike ( 2 hours ) all the way up only to find if you take not as less traveled road you can get cars up till the area.

But we did not crib at all , the views are breathtaking ( also literally so after the hike I was waffing for air )


Kullu Valley

I could feel myself let go in sheer nature .. So away from the plains and so close to the sky.


Flower Bed - Path to the Temple

After saying Hi - Hello to our dear Shiv Ji.
We came back to these small fragile stalls ( which I belive can be blown away if it gets too windy ) - serving Top Ramen , Momos and Chai.
Food Finally... We ordered vegetable Top Ramen , Veg Momos and Mirinda....
It was not the best food I have tasted but considering the height at which these guys are places and the accessibility of the place I will give the them Thumbs Up !

A Girl at one of the lil stalls . This is her idea of smiling....
Ever Time I asked her to smile she would frown a little More . I found her adorable..

After spending an hour in the laps of nature , we were ready to troll back.

Lazy Lamhe ....

Back to our Resort - NatureNotes. This was another one of our road less travelled decision - decided to give luxury a skip, and Nature a hug !!

Some Views from the resort :

Pond next to the Riverside
Riverside at the Resort
Thats what I call "Lazy Bum" Photography - Too Lazy to get off the Hammock


Salt Water Pedicure

Tonic for the Eye ..

No comments: